There is a reality that we are facing right now and it is that we are in the midst of something different. To have our lives placed at semi pause as we try to understand what is happening as we see this Global pandemic unfold.
What has happened across the world to impact so many people, it knows no boundary; demographics are broken barriers and culturally it has no preference.
Our first reaction is to panic, to have fear over the unknown and to go into fight or flight response which occurs in response to a perceived harmful event, attack or threat to survival. We have seen this through the many stores we have visited where there is no “toilet tissue,” and no “sanitizers.” And if you were to ask someone why that it is, they really could only say that they saw the shortage (as I heard on the news) and felt a need to protect themselves and their families.
I mean I get it, I really do. We are in a crisis. Yet, I want to encourage each of you to FOCUS. Put your 20/20 vision on and look at what you can control. Surely we know that if anyone of us could end this, it would have never started. But now that we are here how do we manage? I want to offer you these tips.
1. Stay In as we are told by the executive orders.
2. Stay prayerful and believe that God hears your request (Psalms 91).
3. Practice the requirements issued by our government as it relates to social distancing and sanitization.
4. Try something new while you are confined. Make a new meal, create a new plan for self improvement.
5. Grab that dusty book off the shelf that you said you wish you had time to read and start.
6. Workout while you are indoors. Do isometrics if you don’t have weights or a gym at home. Do sit up and push ups. Walk from room to room. Trust me it is better than sitting and eating all those cookies.
7. Learn a new word everyday to increase your vocabulary.
8. Make sure that you send love to your family and friends, everyday.
This list could go on and on, but if your start these I am sure you will create a more personalized way to stay focused during this time. It is so important that you don’t become boggled down by the restrictions. Especially in your mind. Physically we cannot do what we once did, but mentally we are free to create and become what we place in our minds. Then we can look back later and see that good did come from a bad situation.
May each of you find strength and I pray safety over you and your family.
6 thoughts on “Focus During COVID-19”
AGREED……….. one day at a time🙏
Totally agree, this situation is a challenge for us.
Be careful and pray is the opportunity to become a better person and learn more about ourselves.
Thank you. You too Eliudh. How have you been?
Thank you.. You went way back in the archives. Appreciate you!!